Friday 17 April 2009

Alcohol

Is apparently a depressant. And full of calories.

Odd that, I've had about 10 pints of Young's ordinary and I feel neither fat nor depressed. Allegedly, 10 pints is about 1900 calories and that is nearly half my daily recommended calorie intake. Why therefore am I happy and thin(ish)?

Upon leaving the pub this evening, there were several people who had imbibed their choice of beers and none of those seemed depressed. Only one could be considered fat - and even then, at a push - he's a brick shithouse who may be carrying a few extra pounds.

I have no doubt that the majority of the regulars tonight will leave after a good session; they will be happier and probably not fatter than when they first entered.

And they are all old enough to go home without trying to fight anything - they are builders, mechanics, plasterers, plumbers, roofers, pavers, heating engineers, electricians - and they all work their bollox off to be able to pay £3.53 for a pint of Carling.

Hard work has not yet vanished from this country. They are good people, working hard and contributing in the private sector. It's just a shame that their hard work is not reflected in the public sector.

And each and every one of them is not a cunt, like Jacqui Smith.

4 comments:

Old Holborn said...

£3.53 for a pint of Carling

Cunts

Custard said...

Even you Wally boys baulk at paying that!

Man in the Street said...

She really is a cunt.

Sheila said...

As a recovering alcoholic now 24 mos., I maintained a extremely light weight, during an horrible 15 yr marriage, of 117 lbs. at 5.6 inches tall.
There appears to be a great deal of discussion on how dreadful liquor is for weight control, which does nothing but amaze me, as I never had a problem at all !

But, if I could just warn you of something truly wretched, that I had absolutely no knowledge of whatsoever ! And it cost me my health & took my beautiful 3rd & dearest husband's life !

All alcohol contains sufficient ability, to levy any one of five most common/current health afflictions, pretty much, as IT see's fit !
They are & in no particular order:
-Grand Mal Seizures
-Rapidly Progressive Blindness
-Rapidly Progressive Deafness
-Rapidly Corroded Livers
-Heart Attacks
Each bearing no forewarning signs, nor have any cures at this time !

So, please, please be extremely wary !
I wouldn't wish this on anyone, not even my worst enemy !!
My 2nd EX-husband, was hit with Deafness, approximately a month after I'd left him. According to what I've learned, that he was immediately referred to the newest & best (and most costly) hearing aid that's made !
Yet still, he can barely hear a thing !

Don't do this to yourself, please !