Tuesday 7 October 2008

Oh dear.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1071643/Student-drank-death-downing-half-litre-vodka-just-20-minutes.html

Oh dear. How sad. Never mind.

This is not proper news, people have been dying from over-drinking for centuries. I came close myself, as did my mate, circa 1994

It happens. Ten years later I nearly died when the motorcycle I was doing about 165 mph on, bounced off a Citroen BX16 that joined the Autoroute at a severe rate of knots, half sideways and obviously piloted by a pissed native. To hit the motorway and go across three lanes takes some doing. We both survived. But if I hadn't, it wouldn't have made the papers.

Proper journalism must now concentrate on the absolute carnage - financially and socially - that surrounds us.

Or is this a part of the overall dumbing-down?

3 comments:

DWMF said...

Evolution in action. If he couldn't hold hid drink he had no right to breed.

DWMF said...

PIMF: hid -> his

Panopticon Britain said...

On a certain forum I post on, every single incident of this nature is followed by sixteen pages of a sad smiley face followed by "RIP". However, start a thread about Obama winning the election, and all I got back was "It's in America, it's not important".

I hate Britain sometimes.